PROPOSAL WRITER ASSOCIATE
The Proposal Writer is responsible for analyzing Request for Information
(RFIs)/Request for Proposals (RFPs) and writing strategically
positioned proposal responses to present Softheon’s capabilities in a
manner that differentiates us from the competition and clearly
articulates our value proposition. The primary success metric for this
role is delivering quality proposals on time and with a high degree of
probability to make it to a finalist stage.
Responsibilities (include but not
- The Proposal Writer will join an existing team that has
responsibility for managing the entire RFI/RFP process from
the initial review, strategy setting with Sales, response
coordination, production and final submission.
- Reviews the RFI/RFP to identify any potential concerns or
challenges and questions that need clarification from the
- Schedules the proposal strategy call, pulling in all
required parties from across the organization, and
summarizes the strategy post-call.
- Partners with Sales to develop and refine proposal response
- Facilitates case-specific proposal response strategies,
tasks list, and work plan.
- Cultivates critical relationships across the organization
(Sales, Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.).
- Customizes questionnaire responses based on the case
strategy and incorporates appropriate marketing messages.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the RFP, including
unique RFP requirements in the Public Sector market such as
proposal structure, completion of forms, contract reviews,
overall requirements, system requirements, document
production and assembly.
- Provides feedback and new Q&A to proposal content manager
to ensure content is continuously groomed and updated.
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts
throughout the company to develop new proposal materials
- Delivers all proposals on time.
- Works collaboratively with other segments on RFP support
- Identifies areas for process improvement.
- Participates in department projects and initiatives.
- Minimum 2-3 years proposal writing experience, preferably
- Demonstrated success in responding to public sector RFPs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful business
- Proficient editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid research experience
- Proficient with MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related
field with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Master's degree preferred
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals.
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites
at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology
building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled
advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of
information revolution (
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that
health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending,
and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems.
Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way
everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's
first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and
strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners
quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their
membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide.
In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position
as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a
Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and
having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our
platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing
regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and
To find out more about Softheon please visit
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any
other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any
third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement
with the Company.