The Proposal Writer is an integral part of the bid and capture team. The
Proposal Writer is responsible for researching and documenting internal
information and drafting clear, concise, accurate and compliant
Reponses to RFPs to present Softheon’s capabilities in a manner that
differentiates us from the competition and clearly articulates our
Responsibilities (include but not
The Proposal Writer will join an existing team that has
responsibility for managing the entire RFI/RFP process from the
initial review, strategy setting with Sales, response
coordination, production and final submission. General
- Works directly with the Sales team and Director of
Solutions Consulting to identify required content for
responses and develop response strategy.
- Responsible for creating a library of approved content
and maintaining content to ensure it is updated on a
- Reviews the RFI/RFP to identify any potential concerns or
challenges and questions that need clarification from the
- Effectively locates trends in previous RFPs for
pre-approved documentation to address recurring content
inquires and develop tailored responses.
- Works with case-specific proposal response strategies,
tasks list, and work plan.
- Develops critical relationships across the organization
(Sales, Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.)
- Engages with key SMEs to conduct research, develop
appropriate content, and gather approvals.
- Customizes questionnaire responses based on the case
strategy and incorporates appropriate marketing messages.
- Provides feedback and new Q&A to proposal content manager
to ensure content is continuously groomed and updated.
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts
throughout the company to develop new proposal materials
- Works collaboratively with other segments on RFP support
- Identifies and documents areas for process improvement.
- Participates in department projects and initiatives.
- Reviews final documents for editing and content review.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in English, Communications,
Information Systems or related field with a 3.2 GPA or
- Minimum 1-3 years proposal writing experience, preferably
- Demonstrated success in responding to public sector RFPs.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful business
- Proficient editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Visio, Illustrator and Adobe Preferred.
- Experience with Bid Management System or Proposal
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Project Management Skills.
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals.
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites
right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info &
(CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an
resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next
the information revolution (www.cewit.org).
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that
includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible
401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems.
Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way
everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's
first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and
strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners
quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their
membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide.
In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position
as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a
Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and
having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our
platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing
regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To find out more about Softheon please visit
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any
other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any
third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement
with the Company.