Softheon is looking for several Software Engineers who can help in developing
solid products to meet clients’ needs and improve end-user experience using
new technologies such as microservices, single-page web applications, RESTful
web APIs, and cloud infrastructure. In this role you will be responsible
for defining plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products
and the services utilized to deploy, test, and release these products. This
position is perfect for an individual who has the ability to study and analyze
problematic programming to design solutions for desired output.
UX/UI Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Develop and maintain existing user interfaces for web, native, and
- Help design meaningful and responsive user experiences.
- Stay abreast of emerging UI technologies.
- Create and update tools for building, testing and delivering
new UI platforms.
BPM Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis, and trouble
shooting of problem programs as designed innovative solutions
to improve their efficiency
- Develop libraries of verification routines that can be leveraged
across multiple products
- Develop highly scalable, multi-threaded, multi-tenant microservices
that are capable of processing upwards of 1 million transactions.
- Create robust automated test suites to allow for continuous integration
Database Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Optimize current database schema and procedures to reduce wait-times
and increase performance
- Develop processes for near-real time data retrieval for on-access
reporting and live reporting dashboards.
- Provide data retrieval tools to facilitate business and operations
Testing Automation & Release Focus Responsibilities (include but not
- Exercise discipline in testing, writing technical documentation and
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structed test cases and
- Discover and report problems using deductive reasoning and automation
- Create and update tools for continuous integration
- Knowledge of UML, SDLC, XML, and object-oriented programming
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft. .NET technologies
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Familiarity with Scrum Development Methodology and other agile development
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented, agile development
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to constantly improving
capacity to work effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with GPA of 3.5 or better
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals.
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our SoftheonSmarts right here
at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (
CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled
resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch
of the information revolution.
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes
health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k
and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon, we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative
and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people access
health insurance. With over two decades of experience, we’ve designed five
platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage
client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional
care they provide. In 2016, we successfully collaborated with health plans,
brokers, employers, and governmental organizations in all 50 states to care
for over 1.6M lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please
do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location.
Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does
not have a signed agreement with the Company.